W F Barnes Lathe

sodeputy

Registered
Registered
Came by a W. F. Barnes Lathe and need parts for a logan 400 9 inch. I know you want pictures, and will get you some if there is any interest. The Barnes last patent is 1887, it's a screw lathe with three flat belt headstock. The lathe has a three and a four jaw chuck and a morris taper drill chuck in the tail stock. I point out those items as lathe is not complete, no pedals.
The logan needs the extra headstock gears, headstock cover, three or four jaw chuck, tail stock clamp, and a drill chuck for the tail stock.
Let me know
Jeff

Great there is some interest, will be gone for a few days. Will borrow a camera and some technology and get it done when I return.
Thanks
Jeff

Just found your post, I have a WF Barnes as well in pieces. it has the long bed for longer screws. I am missing the cones in the head stock and a few other parts. I don't think I can resurrect it to a complete machine so I have been thinking about making a piece of furniture out of it. Were you ever able to post some pictures of it?

I have a working WF Barnes 4 1/2 that I am selling as I have just bought a new HF 8x12. The Barnes is working and in use almost daily, but is too big for my bench. It has bench length legs and is electrified with an antique GE 1/4hp motor and flat belt.

I have a working WF Barnes 4 1/2 that I am selling as I have just bought a new HF 8x12. The Barnes is working and in use almost daily, but is too big for my bench. It has bench length legs and is electrified with an antique GE 1/4hp motor and flat belt.
Have you sold the Barnes yet?
Bobby

Back