Vise advice

Livnpaintball

Registered
Registered
Guys, I’ve been mulling over this for awhile. I want to get a matched set of vises. I’ve been looking at Tegara, Glacern, as well the Kurts DX line. I’m leaning toward the Tegara but want to hear from others if they are happy with that brand? Let me know!

Guys, I’ve been mulling over this for awhile. I want to get a matched set of vises. I’ve been looking at Tegara, Glacern, as well the Kurts DX line. I’m leaning toward the Tegara but want to hear from others if they are happy with that brand? Let me know!

I have the older version of the Tegara 440v on a CNC machine, and a Glacern 5" vise on a knee mill.

The Glacern is a little better quality, but the 440v is surprisingly good. The things that are better on the Glacern are little things, like surface finishes, smoothness of operation, fastener quality, etc.

You'd be happy with either one.

Last edited:
I want to get a matched set of vises.
To each there own... I have no two vises from the same manufacturer. A couple of them are close to 100 years old, others new imports or from somewhere else I come across them, all in good usable condition. I go with the best ones I can get in a particular size and for the purposes I have in mind, then find the best deal I can, used or new. But then, I plan to use them, not display them...

Back