Video: Starrett Factory Tour

Yup, pretty cool! I watched it yesterday while eating dinner.

Very clean factory. I thought it would look more production line, but I suspect when you are building small devices it won't look like an auto plant. What a cool place.

I cant believe he filmed that before Christmas and is just releasing it.

He stated in the comments that he had to go over some edits with Starrett. I'm sure he has a lot more video content than what was edited together. An hr video alone is pretty long & time consuming to put together. Totally understandable & it was worthwhile. I don't watch much of his videos but this one I sat & watched the entire thing, well because Starrett.

Ok I must have missed that part about editing.

Oh yeah! I'm very surprised Starrett allowed such a video be made of their facility. I also notice, only certain areas were shown in the film, at least, I assume that. Nothing mentioned about making scales, gage blocks, or of the many of the other tools they make. Yeah, I bet the two guys and the photographer had to sign all sorts of non-disclosure forms and probably had to do it in blood, too.

Agree with you Ken.

In my past, we would never allow filming in our manufacturing facilities. The Starrett lawyers had to sign off on the video for sure. Meanwhile their marketing folks love it.

Back