[How-To] VFD issue

JShipley54

Registered
Registered
I have a VFD for converting single phase to 3 phase to run my mill. I have no clue what to do to get it up and running. Anything helps. Here’s what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9dd4048bbd237274e16d617ca3b2da80.jpg

feb79abb4b4e441ceea2936880f4fec0.jpg

d94058c0e0d07bda0621a3a4dcc06c2d.jpg

That little booklet likely has a poorly labeled diagram showing connections.

Start with input, get it to power up. Then the 3 motor wires to the output. Usually labeled U/V/W.

If you get those right, you should be able to get the motor to spin with the control panel.

Incoming single phase power gets hooked up to L1 and L2
The 3 motor power wires are connected U,V,W , and a ground wire goes from the motor frame to the VFD ground terminal
If you are using the VFD’s control panel for operation little more than programming is necessary.
If you want push button control and/or an ESTOP button , you’ll need a plan.

The DCM circuit can be used to operate the forward, reverse, and ESTOP along with a few other esoteric operations to boot.

An external potentiometer can be remotely located for speed control

I’d recommend reading the manual and follow the safety guidelines contained within., before proceeding.

The programming isn’t really hard, but a few parameters are critical, such as input voltage, braking time, ramp up time, and operation frequency envelope

I think in “Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance” there is a quote from an imported bike manual: “Assembly of Japanese bicycle require peaceful mind”. This also applies to wiring up VFDs. If you are comfortable with computers and electricity, reading the manual many many times is sufficient. If not, you need a friend.

My settings are circled. This is a 2hp model. Supermax’s are usually pretty decent mills.

Attachments

• IMG_2282.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 11
Still not able to get it to work. Would anyone able to give me a call or a DM to help me get it started?

Back