VFD installation

So do you think the FM 50 would be a good choice if I come across a 3 phase Unisaw?
Would probably only wire a on off switch. No pot needed (No variable speed needed) Would just keep it set to 60HZ.
Thanks,
Tony

That will work but you would get better low speed performance with a "sensorless vector" drive like the Teco Model JNEV-101-H1 (also 110V in 4.2 FLA like the FM50). The JNEV will also do 3 wire control out of the box (if you care about that) and has a built-in potentiometer for speed control. If you go to 220V in you can go to the Teco N3 or 7300 but that might be overkill and more $$.

There is also a JNEV-201-H1 with 220V in rather than 110V if you prefer that.

The correct FM50 would be fine for a Unisaw assuming it is rated for the current (FLA) of the motor. Older Unisaws 3hp and under would probably be ok but newer 5hp 3 phase might be a problem. The FM50 doesn't allow you to set the output voltage like the Teco 7300, N3 or JNEV. This can be an issue if you find a 3 phase machine that came from a school with a 200V motor (not that uncommon). Yet another reason I like the JNEV better than the FM50.

OK, Thanks, Probably just get another JNEV then.
Need to find a unisaw first.

The correct FM50 would be fine for a Unisaw assuming it is rated for the current (FLA) of the motor. Older Unisaws 3hp and under would probably be ok but newer 5hp 3 phase might be a problem. The FM50 doesn't allow you to set the output voltage like the Teco 7300, N3 or JNEV. This can be an issue if you find a 3 phase machine that came from a school with a 200V motor (not that uncommon). Yet another reason I like the JNEV better than the FM50.

Back