Very small and crowded

Thank you for sharing. I envy the organizational skills to work in a small shop like that. I know the arrangement of things takes time to work out.

I'm guilty of the palatial sized shop space as @graham-xrf calls it. Unfortunately I've had to give up coffee. But small workspaces like this remind me what my grandfather, a machinist, accomplished at home in a tiny space. It is his accomplishments, skill, and willingness to share his insights that inspired me to retire from an engineering desk job to actually making things.

Thank you for sharing. I envy the organizational skills to work in a small shop like that. I know the arrangement of things takes time to work out.

I'm guilty of the palatial sized shop space as @graham-xrf calls it. Unfortunately I've had to give up coffee. But small workspaces like this remind me what my grandfather, a machinist, accomplished at home in a tiny space. It is his accomplishments, skill, and willingness to share his insights that inspired me to retire from an engineering desk job to actually making things.
it was palatial until you started realizing the mammoth size of your machines... it may look tight as time goes on.

Nice space. Looks like your getting things done, and that's what we're all after. Cheers, Mike

Did you build your shop, or was it existing? How about heat, is it usable year-round?
Yes, I built the shop, well, not the labor part of it, but the design.
I heat it easily with a small electric space heater. The shop is well insulated and holds temperature easily day after day.
Right now it’s snowing outside but cozy in here ! And the heater is set on the lowest setting ! I try to keep the temp at 70 f in order to keep machines comfortable to the touch !

Last edited:
Back