Vertex Rt

dlane

Active User
Registered
Quick question: so I got this 8" RT delivered UPS the box wasn't beat up to bad , got the RT out of the peanut foam , cleaned the protective grease off best I could.
Turning the table by hand "worm disconnected" seems to be a tighter spot when rotating, one area takes a little more pressure to rotate it. I can feel it with worm ingaged also.

Do you think this will go away with time or is it going to be a problem
What type oil goes in the ball oilers , one on the worm housing , one on table side, ? Spindle oil I hope
Wasn't mutch info in instructions , is this one of those Asia things the end user needs to fix / make rite ?.
Thanks
And have a great holiday

seems to be a tighter spot when rotating, is this one of those Asia things the end user needs to fix / make rite ?.

Yes from what i have read here, most people disassemble the whole thing to clean the unit, lube it and then it works much smoother.
I think its a nice little job to do, it makes you understand the tool better!

I would replace those ball oilers with oil cups. IMO. Agree with ChipsAlloy!, need to take apart and clean out all of the hard grease, shavings, etc.
Ken

Took it apart cleaned, knocked down some high spots with a stone , cleaned, lubed, reassembled.
Way better now, it is smooth
Fixture plate tomorrow

Back