[How do I?] Variable speed grinder

My router speed control lives with my Foredom grinder because the little angle head grinder shouldn’t be run at full rpm. Works good and has eliminated the foot pedal that came with the Foredom.
Tony, which router speed control do you have? is it the one from HF that has "low, Med, high" ? , the reason I ask is, I just bought a Chinese clone of Foredom SR but want to use it without the foot pedal, the genuine Foredom manual speed colntrol is too expensive for my taste, does the one you have work without any problem ?
Thanks,
Sorry DavidR8 for asking it here in your thread, didn't want to start another thread about speed control again.

Tony, which router speed control do you have? is it the one from HF that has "low, Med, high" ? , the reason I ask is, I just bought a Chinese clone of Foredom SR but want to use it without the foot pedal, the genuine Foredom manual speed colntrol is too expensive for my taste, does the one you have work without any problem ?
Thanks,
Sorry DavidR8 for asking it here in your thread, didn't want to start another thread about speed control again.
Absolutely no problem Ken, I'm interested in the answer. :)

Thanks,
I dont remember where I got it Ken but I know it was kinda generic. Might have been Amazon. If I remember right it was cheap like less that $20. The trick is finding one that has a speed control, and a bypass. The speed I checked once and leave it there for grinder head.

Attachments

• 0FFB80BC-50B1-4A94-8C99-83AEA7DE23C6.jpeg
    0FFB80BC-50B1-4A94-8C99-83AEA7DE23C6.jpeg
    798.8 KB · Views: 15
Yeah that's the same one on post#2 (tozguy) linked, you must have bought it when it was cheaper, now they are around $50, which is fine as long as it works with Foredom.
Thanks again .

I was shocked to see the price has jumped Ken, what’s up with that? Did you catch it has the PA address on it but down at the bottom of the tag it says made in Taiwan.

Double funny that I hadn’t got out the Foredom in months and needed it for a project while you posted that. I’m not sure but it sure looks like the HF type is basically the same thing and that’s about what I paid for mine. Might be same electronics, different case.

The only place that sells that yellow (Canadian version) of HF is Busy Bee($62) but at least I know it'll work with Foredom, I might just get the actual Foredom controller and be done with it.

David, I've been looking at that one for $25, they are similar and most likely will perform the same but based on reviews I read a few years ago the one from Busy bee is more durable or reliable. of course this is just my opinion .

Back