Upgrade the existing garage vs new wood shed ?

While the heating unit may be free. The longer term cost of oil over nat. gas would pretty quickly eliminate any savings. Would be better to go nat. gas right off the bat. I see used NG/propane furnaces on Craigs list/facebook MP regularly. Mike

She has a 10 year old oil fired hot water boiler and I’m sure there’s going to be oil hot air furnaces that I could get either free or cheap .

There’s no gas available in the area only LP . Though either an insulated shed or a partitioned section might be better with a new sized to the area unit be it LP mini-split etc since it’s not like trying to warm a 30x40’ icebox which I am now lol

I thought a few pictures of the area that most likely be where a partition would be too. 8DB3EC01-CE79-4B88-9DC8-BFD0DF47C7BE.jpegIt’s set up in a U shape so my wife’s car and Kubota can go end to end . Also my 4 wheeler project my wife coned me into lol .5DB263FB-0439-406F-A0B2-A400C386E5DC.jpegThe left side corner kind is set passed the center of the garage which wouldn’t be changed so I could still get out that door which is just off center of the garage . I could run that wall off center of the main beam .ED88E3DA-40FF-466A-AE4C-C7D44DAD1696.jpegThe last picture shows the right side better . To give some sense of dimension the floor expansion joint is about 13’ from the rear inside wall

Back