Unnecessary stuff that you can't live without

I've always been a Gerber user myself - appreciate how it's a much faster pair of pliers than the Leatherman. But I kept hearing good things about the Wave, so I bought one a couple years ago. That first one was so !!(%$)^^!! stiff, I couldn't use it - even after lubricating, then exercising EVERY moving part a (counted) hundred times. Sent it in to the factory and they replaced it. The new one is also a bit stiff, but liveable. I now have a double holster on my belt (double magazine pouch) and carry both tools. Does anybody here know how to spell "NERD"????

Most stuff in my shop falls into this category :D

Do I need a horizontal attachment for the Bridgeport? A high end Japanese rotary table? Do I need a mill, come to think of it? A TIG welder? Noooo. But I absolutely cannot be without :D

Something that I didn't think I'd need, but has paid it's way many times over already is the hydraulic Porta Power kit. Man, that thing is handy. I only bought it on an eBay deal because... We all know why: just wanted it!

Most stuff in my shop falls into this category :D

Do I need a horizontal attachment for the Bridgeport? Yep, yes you do.

A high end Japanese rotary table? Well, yeah. Of course you do.

Do I need a mill, come to think of it? WFT? Dude, you feelin' ok?

A TIG welder? Deep breaths, and repeat after me: Yes, yes I really need it.

Noooo. But I absolutely cannot be without :D Whew. Really had me worried there, but I think we pulled you through.

Something that I didn't think I'd need, but has paid it's way many times over already is the hydraulic Porta Power kit. Man, that thing is handy. I only bought it on an eBay deal because... We all know why: just wanted it! Now your talkin' my language!!!

Thanks for the chuckle, @ArmyDoc !!

I've almost run out of major stuff to purchase for the mill. Slotting head (that I've literally no immediate use for what so ever) aside...

Surface grinder is next. Maybe a horizontal mill... And a shaper. And a bigger shed. Hmmm, CMC plasma table...

Are you "a machinist" when you admit you have a problem? I bought a Delapeena honing machine the other week. I have no room and no requirement. I've never seen a hobbyist mention such a tool, let alone own or use one. But I get offered things, and it's impossible to say no... #facepalm

I'll add overhead crane to the list. I got by for years without one, but the equipment kept getting bigger and heavier. I don't know how I did without for so many years. I'll second the forklift. It doesn't usually run very long but it is used almost every day for something.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

A pallet jack is definitely on my to buy list, but the only reason I haven't picked one up is I don't have the storage space for one! The best tool I bought would be my Bobcat. With out it I wouldn't of even been able to unload my lathe and mill from the trailer to start machining! It has also be so handy around the farm. Best investment I have made, minus my lathe and mill!

Back