Unknown tooling, should I invest?

Whew, I almost thought it was Dave's ad. :rolleyes: :grin: :grin: :grin:
I bought used practice bits from Ebay, but I will never buy used bits from them for my machines unless they were professionally reground. Those will not be original diameter though, I'm sure Dave has an assortment of good bits he can find if he can remember which house, barn, Vidmar to look in.:)
LOL , I'm not that bad ........yet . :grin: I've really never sold end mills , taps or consumables other than drill bits and reamer sets . All were new . You got some Greenfield tap sets I know , and I have more. 3/4-16 ? :encourage:

As far as end mills . It's a hard sell to let go of new USA un-used end mills for pennies . Off shore sets are cheap and good enough for what the majority of us do here . A Nachi rougher going for $100 new would never get half value on here , I know that so I don't even bother . :rolleyes:

I did put up a few new Cleveland end mills here to test the water , but I have better luck on the bay for larger stuff .

Pass. All I see is milling tools, maybe a few boring bars and all tossed together in a heap, so likely thoroughly shot shop discards. If you had a tool and cutter grinder, and the knowledge to use it, well, it's still not dirt cheap, so still no. Makes me cringe seeing those chamfer and dovetail cutters tossed on a cement floor...

GsT
you would save more and get more to buy what you need when you need it.
A few pieces of quality HSS tooling (REX, MO-MAX ) etc will go farther than that high priced ****.
And the fact that they are all heavily rattling around is dulling each other.

Like others have said PASS

Local person has 300 pounds of mill?, lathe?, tooling.
I own an old atlas lathe, and have some tools, but never purchased any. I have no idea if any of this would benefit me.
Most appear to be milling machine.
Always wanted a milling machine, just never invested yet.

As such, how does a person know if this assortment will fit multiple machines?
Price, 300 lbs. $1250.
Worth it or pass?
I did purchase like that one time.
It better butter to buy right cutter and save my money.

Dave

By the price of this crap , I think the seller is mistakenly thinking that the gold colored TIN coating is really gold.
I think the seller was a graduate of the PT Barnum school of marketing. We have several local grads on CL who are doing the same thing. I see “vintage”(used hard)stuff for more than new. Go figgur.

Back