Unknown Quick Change Tool Post

A member here made a small follow rest and mounted it using that threaded hole

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

The attached 1987 digital catalogue shows many of the items in the video.
Including the Guide Stop above.
Possibly enough detail that the HM member might be able to build many of these accessories.

Daryl
MN

Attachments

• Aloris Cat 1987.pdf
    36.1 MB · Views: 37
I believe that threaded hole is an Aloris thing, it's not found on QCTPs by other makes. IIRC I believe old Aloris catalogs showed different attachments for that hole. I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere but I can't remember.
Terry, it's a different hole that is in question, as Steve pointed out, with the QCTP in the common orientation, there's a large blind threaded hole on the right side.
I've only seen it on Aloris QCTPs & on some Chinese clones. In fact I think the newer Aloris QCTPs no longer have that hole.
Sounds like the hole is a "sometime" thing. I have a Phase II piston-type AXA and wedge-type BXA. Both of them have the hole in question.
kHPIM4927.jpg

Anyway, it does appear that my question has been thoroughly answered! Many thanks to all.
PS - Neat Aloris catalog, Daryl. Thanks for posting it. As you said, it looks like some of those accessories are indeed do-able ... fun projects!

Nice catalog indeed. First, there's the guide stop:

guide stop bw.jpg

I like this knurling tool and it looks like it would be fun to make:

knurl bw.jpg

This combination drill and boring bar might be handy:

boring bw.jpg

If I were to make something like this multi tool holder, I believe that I'd make it more balanced on both sides of the dovetail:

multi holder bw.jpg

Back