Unknown part

The shape looks to lock/engage on a square edge. Cathead mentioned looking like a part of a tap holder, the shape is similar but it looks too big. Does this part of a lock on the bed ways? Does this lathe have V ways?

This lathe does not have v ways I believe cathead may have solves the mystery. The part is about 1/2" cubed and I did do some drilling and tapping on the bed extension job I will have to check my tap holder when I get home from work

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have not seen a part that looks like that on my 7x16 conversion. I've had the entire lathe completely apart and that part is not in my lathe. Definitaly agree it is the stationary anvil on a tap wrench or something similar.
Welcome to the forum Rebel654, you fit right in with us mini machiners.

Roy

I have not seen a part that looks like that on my 7x16 conversion. I've had the entire lathe completely apart and that part is not in my lathe. Definitaly agree it is the stationary anvil on a tap wrench or something similar.
Welcome to the forum Rebel654, you fit right in with us mini machiners.

Roy
Thank you sir, I finished the install of the new bed and cleaned all the tools up and must of missed it.....I feel so dumb lol

Rick

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

By the way, Welcome the most informative and friendly machinery forum.
Don't feel dumb, we pride ourselves in hiding our mistakes.

I'm 68 years old. If I told you how many times I've felt dumb you would be listening for at least 6 months. It's not dumb to miss something in the heat of battle, especially something that is not supposed to be there.

Roy

Back