Unknowen Tool What is it?

furpo

Registered
Registered
Looking for input on what I found in my Dads stuff?

IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3888.JPG IMG_3891.JPG

Now that's cool. Obviously for pulling something off the end of a shaft after removing a hex nut. Looks like about 1/2" wrench on the handle. It can't be something where the nut gets really stuck because the wrench won't be very strong. The object that comes off isn't very large, but the shaft itself is fairly large, from the size of the finger that pushes out.

Watching this one for sure.

Machinist's precision bottle opener?

I'd guess a light-duty gear/bearing/bushing puller.

I think we have a winner with the "battery terminal pliers"
It is a 9/16" wrench on the handle!
Thanks

My guess is that it could be a corking tool to push corks into bottles or stoneware flasks? Looks very "moonshine" to me. Could be Americana!

So that's where I left it... :rofl:

Well, OK, maybe not that one, but back in the day (late 70s) when I got a summer job wrenching on school buses getting them ready for state inspection, I had used a tool very similar to that. One of my many jobs as a shop flunky was cleaning and greasing all the battery terminals of the fleet as well as maintenance/repair on the battery compartments. Week long job that was. Best paying job I ever had, believe it or not. It was a great summer, thanks for bring up fond memories.

Mark

So that's where I left it... :rofl:

Well, OK, maybe not that one, but back in the day (late 70s) when I got a summer job wrenching on school buses getting them ready for state inspection, I had used a tool very similar to that. One of my many jobs as a shop flunky was cleaning and greasing all the battery terminals of the fleet as well as maintenance/repair on the battery compartments. Week long job that was. Best paying job I ever had, believe it or not. It was a great summer, thanks for bring up fond memories.

Mark

Gee spent part of the summer of 68 cleaning school buses!
One of the girls I worked with also left fond memories also!

Back