United States Machine Tool Company Milling Machine model MV

Sandstorm

Registered
Registered
Purchased this 1000# unit Saturday. Now I need advice on moving it out through a 3' wide exterior door.

Is this the right place to ask?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210508_082606.jpg
    20210508_082606.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 20210508_082618.jpg
    20210508_082618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
What are the machine dimensions? Might go through in one piece by moving the table all the way forward (toward operator), and crank the table all the way to one side. Get the machine most of the way out the door and rotate as you go through. If not pull the table. Mike

You may have to remove the table, but also you may be able to crank the table to one end and then sort of corkscrew it through the doorway, running the table through first and then twisting the base through, getting it up on pipe rollers will make this easier. I do not find that company listed in my serial number book.

That is actually a Burke Millrite, or MVN. I have one from after they sold to Powermatic! There is a pretty solid Millrite community out there!

US Machine Tools was bought out by Burke. The US Machine Tools #1 Horizontal mill and their MV vertical mill are the basis for the later Burke #2 mill and the Millrite. I have a US Machine Tools #1 horizontal mill built in 1942

THANKS! Great info. I'll go there this afternoon after work and see what I can learn.

You are very welcome!

I also just checked and found a folder here on this site too.
However, we do require you to be a donating member for access.... it helps defray server costs.

More info below.
-brino

Here's a link to the membership levels and features:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...p-levels-permissions-and-site-features.81683/

There is an inexpensive $10/year level that gives full access to the downloads section:
Silver - NO ADS. Remains at $10 per year. Silver members will continue to have access to medial gallery and downloads and will continue to have a limit on storage available. Silver members will have permission to post on all forums except for For Sale Forums. Chat is not available for Silver members.

Here's a link to that downloads folder:
Burke, U.S. Machine Tool, U.S. Burke, Millrite , Houdaille, Powermatic,

.....and here's a screenshot of the document list there (just in case you cannot see it):
1620759111595.png
1620759147399.png

Back