Union tools now back in business but quality is .....

So what are these used for exactly ? I have wood tools here that I'm really not familiar with . Not that I'll ever be making fine furniture or anything , but it would be nice to know what these tools do . Seems like Jeff would know .
They are used to mark off dovetails for hand cutting them. I mostly just used a sliding bevel. But after a time I realized that I could just build a tool that would mark my dovetail at 1/2 and 3/4 inch depending on my wood width of a chisel to chop the base of the dovetail.

if you youtube hand cut dovetails you'll see someone using a sliding bevel or a similar tool to the one shown, usually with the wide tail away from the angle.

They are used to mark off dovetails for hand cutting them.
You know I bought an entire wood shop out years ago . The guy had 6 lathes in the building , 3 of which were Atlas and Clausing metal lathes . I sold them all at one of my yard sales but still have tons of crap here . Don't know what they are for , will never use them , will get rid of them for space . I make bird houses and don't need this crap . Can I send you a pic when I get down the other basement ?

Sure, there's enough woodworkers here, just post it in the ww section. I'm sure we'll all chime in.

I'm curious to know what is had to be rid of, too. Subscribing here now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back