Trying to learn

Jim1942

Active User
Registered
A couple of days ago, I found an area on this forum where there were people interested in old cars. I typed up a long post of what my wife and I did 10 years ago in restoring a 1923 Model T Ford. I included in the post why it meant so much to us, since it was bought new by a relative of my wife's family. We were pleased to get it back in the family and put in on the road again. It had been neglected for 60 years or so and required a lot of work.

Anyhow, once I got my posting typed up, I started trying to figure out how to attach a few pictures and lost all my text. Got disappointed a had to quit for a while. Here is another attempt at it.

The touring car in the 3rd picture was bought "as is". We only restored the coupe.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I dont think you need any teaching. Very nice. Exellent choice of green also.
The touring car is what I have '1923' also.

Dont ya just love em!!! sam

117-1708_IMG.JPG

Wow! What beautiful work!

I am really glad you tried posting again. No matter what forum I am posting, if I have a lengthy post, I write my text out in another program and save it, then copy and paste it to the forum when ready. I just don't trust the web browsers enough.

What a beautiful shop you have as well! I would love to see and read more!

Bernie

A couple of days ago, I found an area on this forum where there were people interested in old cars. I typed up a long post of what my wife and I did 10 years ago in restoring a 1923 Model T Ford. I included in the post why it meant so much to us, since it was bought new by a relative of my wife's family. We were pleased to get it back in the family and put in on the road again. It had been neglected for 60 years or so and required a lot of work.

Anyhow, once I got my posting typed up, I started trying to figure out how to attach a few pictures and lost all my text. Got disappointed a had to quit for a while. Here is another attempt at it.

The touring car in the 3rd picture was bought "as is". We only restored the coupe.

I also had typed text messages on here before then accidently moved the mouse and everything vanished. I couldn't tell if it was my laptop or this website.

You and your wife have done a great job restoring another classic.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your wife for an outstanding job to be very proud of. I noticed the JD pedal tractor sitting on the upper shelf. My siblings and I had one in the pre-school years and literally ran the wheels off of that thing! They just don't make 'em like that any more.

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful work, Jim. Please keep posting your most excellent efforts.

As an aside, if you haven't noticed, there is a small yellow popup every minute or so (I think) that is an auto save of everything you have typed. You really shouldn't need to put everything in a Word document or similar, but I sure don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Back