Troyke missing one part, who can make it for me?

It would also put the index / fiducial line on the other side of the short lines.

I guess that a pre-printed strip marked the other way isn't available.

Still, that's a neat trick to keep in mind if you aren't set up for engraving.

Wouldn't that make the handle scale and the scale on the table move in opposite directions? ie. one incrementing and the other decrementing.
oh right, didn't think of that :)

Reactions: rwm
I have one rotary table that is 5 deg per turn and one that is 4 deg per turn. The 5 deg is so much easier to keep track of where you are because it corresponds to the 5 deg marks on the table. Throw in a reverse scale on a 4 deg handwheel and I would be lost all the time!

Throw in a reverse scale on a 4 deg handwheel and I would be lost all the time!
Try a pantograph engraver sometime! It still weirds me out that left is right and up is down, but clockwise/counter-clockwise stay the same!

For real head games, try making stamps with reverse copy.

I've lost count of how many times I've screwed something up, but have gotten better at quadruple checking everything before making a cut.

My all time favorite mistake was this little plaque I made for our kitchen cabinets. I got the orientation, spacing, reduction factor, depth of cut, speeds and feeds absolutely perfect:

IMG_2049.jpg

Only one small mistake, pointed out IMMEDIATELY by my wife: my middle name is Robert. RWW was my grandfather (Rex Willard Walters).

Still cracks me up.

Last edited:
Back