Tractor overhaul project

Make sure your cranking rpm is high enough also. Just because it sounds fast doesn’t mean it is. I would say it needs at least 200rpm cranking.

Have you ever cracked an line at the injector before starting and see how long it takes to get fuel out . Hard to explain

Make sure your cranking rpm is high enough also. Just because it sounds fast doesn’t mean it is. I would say it needs at least 200rpm cranking.
It has a new starter and battery and cranks very well. It starts and runs easily once warmed up.

Have you ever cracked an line at the injector before starting and see how long it takes to get fuel out . Hard to explain
No, I have not, however the exhaust smoke is there quickly on cranking.

With all this info and at least 300 psi compression. I feel like it’s a glow plug issue. Maybe take one glow plug out and wire it back up to make sure it glows red. The air in the fuel system could be it also. Essentially losing prime

With all this info and at least 300 psi compression. I feel like it’s a glow plug issue. Maybe take one glow plug out and wire it back up to make sure it glows red. The air in the fuel system could be it also. Essentially losing prime
I have a new set of glow plugs on order so will be finding out if that helps soon.

Back