Tough, tough couple of weeks for me

Believe it or not, estate sale people may have them beat. This is scuttlebutt relayed to me by an estate sale person. Lots of opportunities for them to screw you. Say it didn't sell, then pocket the pieces for themselves and sell under the table for themselves. Estate stuff is where everyone wants to separate you from your money. Yeah, there's FMV, but people really don't want to even give that give it to you.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff just bugs me how there seems to be a lot of people perfectly willing to take advantage of people.

Believe it or not, estate sale people may have them beat. This is scuttlebutt relayed to me by an estate sale person. Lots of opportunities for them to screw you. Say it didn't sell, then pocket the pieces for themselves and sell under the table for themselves. Estate stuff is where everyone wants to separate you from your money. Yeah, there's FMV, but people really don't want to even give that give it to you.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff just bugs me how there seems to be a lot of people perfectly willing to take advantage of people.
Got another, you know those GOT JUNK companies or similar.. they will sell your stuff that you just paid to remove. Only saleable stuff mind you, not real trash.. but you never know.

And yes there's an estate sale company around here that has a warehouse that they open to sell stuff out of. Did they buy it, or just remove it for the heirs, and will the heirs get any of it?

I realize that those places, do sell your stuff, that's how they pay themselves. And at times, it is worth it.

I'll be lucky to get 60-65% of FMV, IF IT SELLS. If it doesn't, then I and the other beneficiaries get nada. I'd have the option (I think) to retain the goods that didn't sell, but that's what I am trying to avoid in the first place. I don't want to warehouse stuff I don't need or want. I don't want to move it myself either. But I'm soon going to have to make some decision and get it done, no matter how much it stinks. And when it stinks for "you", that's when these people take advantage of you. Sure, it's a service of sorts, but it has a rotten aroma.

Back