Registered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Like having a Mercedes but ordering it with cloth seats..... Don’t get me wrong, I completely support making things myself..... but when the “right part” costs $30, it is a waste of time to source the material and blow through a day making it. Now if you don’t have $30, or your skills are so basic that you need the experience making it yourself, then there is no argument. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They not sell a thing that I need so I will have to make one and I have the table the picture makes it look like one from the web I will make a table with a tilting thingy-majig to get the angle right it should be a fun project.

what size is the grinder wheel hole?
you may be able to adapt an inexpensive wheel.
this may include the need for a bushing, to adapt other wheels.

the 6" disc you have in the second Amazon link, is nice, but not the only way of doing things.
consider using the radial portion of a wheel as pictured in the second image

consider these-
silicon carbide green wheel- great for roughing a carbide tool to basic shape-
these wheels are friable and wear down quickly- but remove material at an accelerated rate

Diamond wheel 75% concentration, for final honing
these wheels are made for sharpening pre-existing angles, to create a finer finish to the tool
400 grit is sufficient, albeit argument could be made by some that 600 is the magic grit.
i subscribe to the 400 grit belief-{that and $5- will get you a cup fo coffee at Starbucks:grin big: }

if you need help machining a bushing, or help in building a platform
send me a pm- i can help out

1/2 inch threaded shaft on the grinder and I have a green wheel but it is a 3/4 inch bore but my grinder is 1/2 inch so I will need to buy a bushing.
Edit: I could use it like that but can’t find a wheel that is like that guess I did not look up the right keywords.

1/2 inch threaded shaft on the grinder and I have a green wheel but it is a 3/4 inch bore but my grinder is 1/2 inch so I will need to buy a bushing.
it's nothing to turn one up
if you can give me dimensions, i can punch a bushing out for you

it's nothing to turn one up
if you can give me dimensions, i can punch a bushing out for you
Well I can use it on my grandfathers grinder and won’t use the wheel until I get a shop And by then I would have a bigger grinder so no need :)

Just bought a 400 1500 and 3000 grit wheel and the back plate all will arrive on different days one after the other ;)

400 grit came today will make it on my wood lathe it goes from 250 to 3800 rpm will use about 600 rpm

Well it works on the wood lathe just waiting for the other wheels to arrive it made my Anderson scraper sharp with just 400 grit and I ground it the right way with the tool rest pointing down and making sure that there is the point in the center it works I used granite cleaner instead of windex.

Back