Tormach 1100MX ATC Control Board Swap - Tormach USB Cable or Fuse Error

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
If you got an ATC USB cable or Fuse error on your Tormach 1100MX, or if you boot up your Tormach 1100MX and PathPilot won't find the ATC this could be your issue.

I contacted Tormach about this error and after a couple of quick trouble shooting steps asking what lights were on the ATC board they determined this was a known issue with the Red control boards and they sent me a new green one. With then new green board you also remove the large Stepper Driver in the cabinet as the new board has the stepper driver integrated.

When the machine turned off the ATC in settings and automatically went back to manual tool changes, I was not even able to do those. When I hit the tool change button on the side of the ATC there was not action. Tormach did send information about what airline to move to get manual back up and running right away. The new board was sent overnight and it was not to hard to install the new one.

I hope this video gets you up and running if you experience this issue.

You would think that they would have a recall or notification process as to these issues, not too different from so may things that are tracked these days. Heck I get food recall notices from something I bought years ago. At least I have to give credit to Tormach for problem solving and sending a replacement board. Same reason why when buying new items, I may pay a bit more, but I try to choose vendors that have a good support/service history. You always put a lot of nice work into your videos, really enjoyed the blade build and all the work involved.

You would think that they would have a recall or notification process as to these issues, not too different from so may things that are tracked these days. Heck I get food recall notices from something I bought years ago. At least I have to give credit to Tormach for problem solving and sending a replacement board. Same reason why when buying new items, I may pay a bit more, but I try to choose vendors that have a good support/service history. You always put a lot of nice work into your videos, really enjoyed the blade build and all the work involved.
Thanks Mark, yes this should be a recall I think. When I searched it I found nothing. Then I posted on a Tormach forum and immediately several people said they had the same issue and did the change. Tormach said the new board design was specifically to address and prevent this issues so seems like it is a when not if the Red board will fail.

Back