Toolpost indicator holders

wow, I went looking for that deal.. I could use more holdlers... were they a special pricing?
I got them off ebay, so it wasn't direct from Shars. They were Shars branded holders, still in the box.

Shars BXA holders are typically $13 and $14 on ebay. I order one or two each time I have an order. They do combine shipping so you just have to save up a wish list.

I took a page from Stefan Gotteswinter and made a new tool post center stud with a 12mm numb on the top. I then use the arms from a defunct mag base stand clamps to the nub when dialing in the 4jaw.

Shars BXA holders are typically $13 and $14 on ebay. I order one or two each time I have an order. They do combine shipping so you just have to save up a wish list.

I took a page from Stefan Gotteswinter and made a new tool post center stud with a 12mm numb on the top. I then use the arms from a defunct mag base stand clamps to the nub when dialing in the 4jaw.
I've seen Stefans tool post stud extension, and like it. I believe he got the idea from Robin Renzetti. Looks like a good system.

A friend witha 3D printer and I made a BXA indicator holder that worked in both directions without flipping the indicator. It is surprisingly sturdy even though it is in plastic. it covers most basic operations, but I keep the Noga handy for the unusual stuff.

Dabbler, any chance you have a picture or drawing of this holder?

thx
A friend witha 3D printer and I made a BXA indicator holder that worked in both directions without flipping the indicator

Boswell,
On thingiverse, Blondihacks has a model of a printed indicator holder (for AXA).
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2830764
I printed it but found it needed a few changes so I modeled and printed this one yesterday.
IMG_4270.jpg
Unfortunately, the indicator is too far forward meaning I have to back the cross slide almost all the way out to contact the tip on larger stock, so...
now I'm printing this one,
QCTP DI holder.JPG
Since it's symmetrical, it should be possible to put the indicator on either way and use it on either of the QCTP positions. We'll see. I'm curious to see the one Dabbler mentioned.

Thanks, It had never occured to me that I could 3D print an indicator holder, but now seems obvious :).

Dabbler, any chance you have a picture or drawing of this holder?
Yes, I'll go out to the garage this weekend - it is -25 today, so a little cold to rummage about. It is in a box with all the other BXA holders while I'm fixing m,y lathe....

As soon as I find it, I'll post a picture and the DXF files.

Dabbler, no need to brave the cold, with the info from John281, I should be able to print a holder.

Back