Tooling

Thanks for the replies, I'll get some pics later fighting with phones today

These are the tools I bought that don't quite fit in my tool holders. And the inserts that don't work in the tool holders I guess nothing is standardized when it comes to tooling. As far as all the other stuff he has its mostly boxed up from ground to ceiling two garages full , he is sending pics of things that were out.
guess I'll take these back for a credit on big Anvil, Kennedy roll around,
drill press , stuff I know works . And grind my own tools. The bottom pic has my kdk qc holder in it

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is the Craig's list add it is in sf bay South Bay , this is just a few of the things he has.
Cl post I'd 4888708285

Those holders are old. But they look to be standard for negative rake triangle inserts that you can commonly get. There's a couple there that maybe for old obsolete inserts that maybe hard to find. the carded triangle inserts are standard C-2, C-3 uncoated carbide. Not carbide I would use unless I need to cut cast iron or possibly use on high nickel stainless steels. And on that, I wouldn't use uncoated inserts like these. I'd take them back, too.

I'll be updating in tool junkies
The guy sold about 1/2 of it for 20,000 it was mostly the carbide stuff and other high end tooling. I've ben picking the rest

A similar, albeit more minor case, happened two years ago where I lived in NY. It was the widow of a hobby machinist. I replied to an add for a 4x6 bandsaw. When I got there, she had no idea what any of it was or what it was worth. I felt really bad for her and ended up spending several evenings over there inventorying, pricing, describing, etc. In return she insisted I take plenty of stuff with me. I managed to convince her to take a small amount of money, but nowhere near what I ended up receiving. Were it not for that, I probably would have never gotten into machining as much as I have (not that I do a ton, but a whole lot more than I would have). Sure someone could have totally ripped her off for nothing, but that just ain't right. If I died unexpectedly and my wife was trying to sell my stuff, I would appreciate someone helping her out so she didn't get taken.

I'll be updating in the tool junkies forum,as I've Ben getting a lot of items from him. Some I'll use and some will be sold.
Thanks
Derrick

Back