Tooling Plate

It appears to of Ben face milled on each side, it has a machined perimeter.750 deep( half of it ) all the way around the edge on one side of the plate It is 1.500" thick 22"x22"
Thinking of a table top for the Kurt 688, I'll save some for a rotab if I find a good one.
But I'm cut off from CL.

That's cause mic6 is milled not ground, read the brochure

Attachments

• Mic 6 brochure (1).pdf
    647.8 KB · Views: 14
So if someone wanted to buy this plate new what would it cost ?.

I just bought 2 pieces of 12 x 24 x 3/4 for my next project for $92 each from my local vendor.

That's cause mic6 is milled not ground, read the brochure
We use a lot of MIC6 where I work, was never sure if it was ground or milled but the tooling marks are obvious when bought, I assumed it was either milled or Blanchard ground. Never read the literature before, thanks. That must be one hell of a mill that they use.

I found a supplier can't remember the name but they had great prices, 2 inch thick, 12x26 for about 250 bucks.
There is alot of mic6 on ebay

Suppliers must buy it in stock produced plate dimensions which is then sawn to a customers requirements, a company that moves a great deal of it will have tons of saw drops which in excellent condition (when new it has a clear protective plastic cover on both sides) with the scrim intact, it sells for slightly less then the stock, when the protective cover is compromised it sells at scrap cast aluminum prices, this is exactly where the drops go if they can't sell them. It is rapidly stained by water which will render it unsuitable for uniform anodizing. It welds well yet as common to most aluminum alloys a weld will be obvious after the anodizing process.

Back