Too good to be true

Facebook runs these adds as well. I used to report them as a scam but Facebook largely ignores the report so I've given up trying to do the right thing. There will often be a half dozen of the authentically same ad run by ostensibly different vendors.

If I were king, I would ferret out these offenders and revert back to drawing and quartering. As long as the reward exceeds the risk, they will continue to flourish.

As often happens when I’m in a thread here I had a parallel incident. I wanted to buy something from a new to me online vendor and they don’t have any way to see their payment options before going through the mess of filling out a form. When there is no PayPal I always delete all the fields and slink back into the ether. Well I got an email saying why not come back and buy it? I wrote back the net is just too sketchy to give out my cc# and if they ever update to use PayPal I’ll be back. I get an email back saying if I don’t want to use a cc# I can use direct deposit, Bitcoin or etherium. They will never use PayPal because they have bad business practices. Oh and they have super secure website….WTF? Granted I’m not the sharpest and some have had probs with PayPal but not me after almost 20yrs but I wonder if they know how stupid they sound? Or how stupid do they think I am….don’t answer that!

Back