Tony Wells Needs Our Help!

I originally sent to tcwells@live.com, but I went back in and found that it had not yet been claimed either, so I cancelled it and re-sent to the Hotmail address instead. You should see it there, Tony.

Yeah we are sort of goofed up between a direct link with a mistake in the address, and the payment processor (wepay) that gofundme uses, and it's kind of a mess. The hotmail address is working solid, and I found on PayPal site they have a direct link for it:

paypal.me/TonyCWells

If you copy that into the browser address bar is gets really simple. But still, you guys are absolutely amazing! I cannot thank you enough.

Mike, I won't post my physical address publicly but will PM it to those who want it.

And you're right, the courthouse already had a meltdown. I had to show them the Xray pic before they would let me go into the Probate Court. I can't imagine an airport.

I have been trying to make a donation for two days, but PayPal and I are having a bit of a battle. I hope to get it untangled tomorrow. I haven't used PayPal since about 201o and have changed banks, home addresses, and business names, so have quite a mess. It won't just let me charge my debit card. I have to go through all of the hoops to switch banks and their web site is being cantankerous.

Hang in there Tony.:encourage:

Just tried to donate on the Go fund me site, said there is a problem that the campaigns founder must resolve?

Direct link to PayPal :

paypal.me/TonyCWells

Hi Tony
I sent you a gift yesterday that says it went through PayPal, so hopefully you got it OK. You're in my prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery!
Randall

Randall, yes.....came through just fine! Thank you very much!

Tony

One more for the list ! I'm 54 years old an I am a independent worker too, so I can understand the situation very well..

Yeah Claudio, us self employed people are special, we only work half days (12 hours light or 12 hours dark) and we have the best vacation arrangements imaginable, because all we can do is imagine them, and when we get sick......well, then we're in trouble. My insurance company called and wrote I can't tell you how many times asking, almost insisting that I suffered this injury on the job. They aren't aware (or weren't, apparently) that I work for myself. Here in Texas, if you work for yourself, the state does not require you to keep a WC policy just for yourself. I guess they were determined to put the cost on my employer's insurance. I had to tell them at hundred times it seems that the accident was at HOME and it was all on them. If it ere an OTJ injury, I'd be taken care of, getting all medical paid by company insurance (at least I did have health insurance) and be drawing workman's compensation while unable to work. Although I'm sure that would be a fight, at least there is an arrangement that is supposed to take care of us under those circumstances. I know of a couple of guys hurt OTJ that were treated pretty fairly I thought. But on the other hand, I am sure that those here who do work for themselves understand the benefits of it, and would share my feelings about going back to work for someone else. Only if there were no other choice. We all do what we have to, but it would be hard to do that after having the freedoms of self employment for a while.

That hurts just looking at the x-rays, when you hit the 50's you just don't heal as fast.

You think that's pain ? What about clamping his leg in the milling machine vice to do all that fancy drill work ??

:concerned:

Back