Toddler Board Puzzle

hustlebird

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have a Creality Falcon 10W laser engraver/cutter, and I wanted to get some more hands on with it, so when working on Christmas presents for my nephews, I came across some others doing this, and I decided to use follow suite with a board puzzle. I used 3mm basswood for all this, cut each shape twice. Sorry in advance, no pictures of the laser... 69025181494__6C328A94-931C-45D5-B389-4EBA2C94FC4E.jpg

After cutting them all, I slathers some wood glue on everything and pressed it all together. (Co starring my 4-jaw sitting in the back)
IMG_6987.jpg

After everything was glued together, I sprayed the top with a paint + primer, and handed it over to my kids, who decorated for me:
IMG_7029.jpgIMG_7030.jpg
Should be a hit for the 1-year old! Happy and excited to keep using the laser.

oh jeez..... you made be look at one, and they have a good sale on now.......

......but I have no place to put it,...... but it could do so much,
I don't have a place to put it, but it looks like fun!

The shop is too full already, but .......... that is a good price
....I don't have a place to put one, but think of the possibilities......

I should not have looked!

Brian

They're pretty cool machines! One thing I wish I had spent like 10 minutes thinking about is that they produce a fair amount of smoke/fumes. In my opinion a cover for the thing is just about mandatory. It also took some adjustment for me to get used to working with it, as for the most part my digital work is inside, while everything else is in the garage. I had to bring a laptop out there for the engraver, which is something I'm not really used to.

We have been looking at these for some time, the adds are "clever" listing as 50 watt unit, but that is input power and in fine print is output of 2000 mw, anything to make it bigger.

How does it do in engraving or printing images on assorted metals?

We want to make metal tags and this would be better than the stamps we use.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Ya know, I haven't messed with it on metal at all. There's a few youtubers that have pretty good results depending on the metals, and various coatings you can put on to assist, but most of the solutions with the diode lasers seem a bit lacking. You'd need to try with some sort of surface coating to really get much, but that may be all you need depending on your materials. I plan to experiment there, but I haven't yet, my laser work has been slow going

I wanted initially to be able to engrave metal too, but it seems to be the next tier (fiber) of machines that are really capable of it.

Back