Today's Jokes - 2024

RJS where is you sense of adventure? :cool:

Some 35 years ago, I had a terrible bout of vertigo. My sense of adventure regarding heights disappeared then.
heights don't bother me, rollercoasters (inverted , twisting inverted) and rotating things put me off kilter. I have skiied headwalls that are nearly vertical, but not VERTICAL and long... short, 25 - 30 yards... although I have jumped off cliffs while skiing, mostly intentional, and one time in the back bowls during a white out (unintentional).

It is scary at first, but great once you succeed, and you want more. Nothing like a good adrenaline rush..

heights don't bother me, rollercoasters (inverted , twisting inverted) and rotating things put me off kilter. I have skiied headwalls that are nearly vertical, but not VERTICAL and long... short, 25 - 30 yards... although I have jumped off cliffs while skiing, mostly intentional, and one time in the back bowls during a white out (unintentional).

It is scary at first, but great once you succeed, and you want more. Nothing like a good adrenaline rush..
That isn't the problem. Since the vertigo attack, my sense of balance has been compromised. Losing your balance when the ground is only three feet away is one thing. when it's 300 feet, it's quite another.

I have no problem climbing a 30 ft. ladder washing windows, cleaning gutters, or painting.

I was scared of heights as child. When I was about 11, I figured it was a bad trait to have so to rid myself of it, I walked the perimeter of my apartment building, atop the parapet, a clear 120' drop. It worked...

Back