Today's Jokes - 2024

How is that funny?
Good question. I suppose like many jokes, it exploits the irony of a situation. In this case, the Kool-Aid ads of the 70's, where the Kool-Aid pitcher would burst upon a scene to save the day, against the aftermath of the Jonestown mass murder/suicide, where a poisoned Kool-Aid type drink was used to kill people who were seeking salvation. I don't think the meme is necessarily making "Fun" of the situation, only pointing out the folly of Ideology vs reality; the consequences of believing in something so strongly one becomes blind to the truth... Hence the phrase "Did you, or don't, drink the Kool-Aid". I'm sure there are other answers as the interpretation is ultimately, upon the viewer.

That being said, I did debate to post the meme as I knew not everyone would find the humor in it, and might even be offended. But like many of the joke memes I post, I don't only post what I find "funny" as I know there are many different types of humor and a wide range of things people will laugh at or find amusing. So I try to post a wide range of jokes, so everyone might get a chuckle or maybe a profound thought. I sometimes post a meme I think will get a lot of likes but only gets a few, and other times I post a one that I'm not sure of and it gets a lot of likes. My rejection criteria is anything that disparages political, religious views or is racist/sexist. However, if anyone finds something posted here very disturbing or offensive and cannot ignore it, Please report the content, make your case and I'll take it down. I am not out to intentionally, hurt anyones feelings.

Back