Todays finished project - More Storage Space

bcall2043

Active User
Registered
Finished up a project started a few days ago after forum member Charley Davidson made me look bad with all his recent organizational storage projects. I had to complete this one real soon because Charley was eyeing my cabinet.:bitingnails: He has one just like it with some missing drawer pulls.:rofl:

Photo #1 shows the nice 30 drawer cabinet setting on its heavy duty shelf. The drawers are left slightly open so the paint can finish drying.
Photo 1 Storage Project.jpg

Two of the drawers are setting below because the B&S mill is too close and I loaned the pallet jack to Charley over the weekend and can’t move it yet. The paint is RUST-OLEUM Hammered Silver. The paint scheme is not quite as flashy as Charley’s “Home-Depot” orange and black but is less trouble. I like the "hammered finish" as it hides small imperfections in the used cabinets that I usually get for storage.

Photo #2 shows another cabinet that I hung from the garage center beam near the vertical mill a while back. Same "Hammered Silver" paint. I think I will stick with the simple paint scheme.
Photo 2 Earlier Storage Project.jpg

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Photo 1 Storage Project.jpg Photo 2 Earlier Storage Project.jpg

Looks great. I'm been working to organize my shop. Progress is slow. For some reason, I hate organizing. Lately, I've been trying the "cluster method." Namely, trying to keep like things located in the same general space to narrow the search time for things I use infrequently. Anyway, congrads on the new storage.

Nice Benny I wish I had some place to put some like that. Just know room for nothing around my shop. The hammered finish is the only way to go.

Paul

Benny,
that looks great, and looks like they will hold lots of tools and/or tooling. Good job!
Bob

I'm holed up for a while yet, although I am now walking(?) unassisted, although somewhat slower than usual... it is progress, though.

Benny,
that looks great, and looks like they will hold lots of tools and/or tooling. Good job!
Bob

I'm holed up for a while yet, although I am now walking(?) unassisted, although somewhat slower than usual... it is progress, though.

Bob,
Thanks, got to get busy and fill the drawers up now.

Glad to hear you are up and walking. How long before you go back to work?

Benny

Went over to Charley Davidson’s today and got my pallet jack so I could move the B&S mill and install the last two cabinet drawers. Did a little moving around of the machines and made some more room. The photo below shows the two horizontal mills after their locations were swapped. The Douglas mill is smaller and clears the new storage cabinet quite well.

Photo 3 Mills Relocated.jpg

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Photo 3 Mills Relocated.jpg

I don't know Benny --- your shop is looking cleaner to me-----:whistle:

Hey Benny, that last picture doesn't even look remotely like your shop... Photo-shopped maybe...
I can't go back to work until I get a 100% approval by the Doc. Since I did it at home, I can't even go back as "light-duty" since it's all on me and the insurance company. If it had happened as an OJI (on job injury) I could go back probably anytime with limitations.
Oh well, I still am somewhat limited, but much better everyday.
Your shop looks great! btw.
Bob

Looks nice Benny, I'll give you a couple more days of basking in the glory before I post any pics of my progress:rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao:

Back