Todays Face Book find..

aametalmaster

Registered
Registered
Got these off our local Face Book buy sell trade site for 20 bucks. Been looking for the Jacobs armature chucks for years and didn't want to pay ebay prices...Bob

tools.jpg

Got these off our local Face Book buy sell trade site for 20 bucks. Been looking for the Jacobs armature chucks for years and didn't want to pay ebay prices...Bob
attachment.php?attachmentid=63768&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1383524152.jpg

WoW! You done good! Did they know what they had?

attachment.php?attachmentid=63768&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1383524152.jpg

Bob

Awesome find. I have had one of the Jacobs armature chucks for years, probably close to 30 now, and I found that when I invested in the Bison 3 Jaw Self Centreing Ball Bearing Rotating chuck, see www.kbctools.com page 517 for details, the Jacobs got much less use.

I got the MT2 version which is a 3" OD chuck. When I purchased the Gosan 1440V lathe I considered selling the MT2 version and getting a MT3 one, but the MT3 is 4" diameter and I found that even with the 3" I was often stretching to get the cutter in, so stayed with the 3" MT2 and added a MT2 to MT3 sleeve.

Walter

$20???? Man, I am truly living in the wrong state... Cool find indeed!

same thing here! who lnew?? anyone got an address or link?

same thing here! who lnew?? anyone got an address or link?

I'm on a few local "garage sale" Facebook sites. I don't know how one would find them, my wife told me and she learned from her friends.

I got a free garage off of one. I just got it moved into place.

Here it is moving out of it's old location.

DSC00047_zps76fbe5ac.jpg
Sitting in my yard after a ~5 mile drive on back roads.
DSC00048_zps1aac7507.jpg

I don't have the finial placement pic yet.

More pics here if you're interested. http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/dan_laduke/library/Garage move?sort=6&page=1

Thread hijack over.

DSC00047_zps76fbe5ac.jpg

DSC00048_zps1aac7507.jpg

I never knew face book sold things?

I don't know for sure where to send you to find a group. I see there are at least 100 cities buy me but i am sure there are some nationwide i just don't know how to find them...Bob

Back