To Test Picture Re-sizing

JR49

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I selected 5 random pics that had pixels in the thousands, and resized each one in the windows Paint app, sized as noted in the text. I'm also trying to see If I know how to put text in between the pics. First pic is 400X340400X340.jpg
The next pic is 400X300,400X300.jpg

OK, I expected the text "The next pic is 400X300" to be above the pic, like in the first pic of chuck. Why did it come out at bottom? I'll try again, the 3rd pic is 300X300:300X300.jpg

Now I'm really confused, 1 line on top, and 1 line at bottom, this 4th pic is 200X262:200X262.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in where the software puts my text, above or below the newest pic. If anyone has advise, please advise. At least I'm getting the pics in between my text, and also once I post this, I will be able to compare the different pixel sizes, to see what I should use. OK, last pic is only 100X75: 100X75.jpg

That last one came out just how I wanted it, with all text above the pic, the only thing I did differently was at the end of the text I hit the enter key twice to move the blinking line down 2 lines. I'm now going to click the "create thread" tab and see what the pics look like, All comments and suggestions welcome PLEASE! Thanks, JR49

Well, I was mistaken, even the first pic had part of the text on top and part on bottom. As far as sizes obviously pic 5 is too small, pic 4 is so so, I think pic 3 is just right. What do you guys think? Pics 1 and 2 are maybe bigger than they need to be IMO. I should also say, for the benefit of anyone who, like me, is new to this, when resizing these pics in "Paint", I only selected the first number of pixels and the computer put the 2nd pixel number to make the pic look right. Comments please, JR49

Well, I was mistaken, even the first pic had part of the text on top and part on bottom. As far as sizes obviously pic 5 is too small, pic 4 is so so, I think pic 3 is just right. What do you guys think? Pics 1 and 2 are maybe bigger than they need to be IMO. I should also say, for the benefit of anyone who, like me, is new to this, when resizing these pics in "Paint", I only selected the first number of pixels and the computer put the 2nd pixel number to make the pic look right. Comments please, JR49

Use a carriage return after your text to put the photo below the text. It put the photo after the last place the cursor was. You can also select the photo and drag it to a new position with your mouse.

I selected 5 random pics that had pixels in the thousands, and resized each one in the windows Paint app, sized as noted in the text. I'm also trying to see If I know how to put text in between the pics. First pic is [400X340View attachment 120381
The next pic is 400X300,
View attachment 120382

OK, I expected the text "The next pic is 400X300" to be above the pic, like in the first pic of chuck. Why did it come out at bottom? I'll try again, the 3rd pic is 300X300:
View attachment 120387

Now I'm really confused, 1 line on top, and 1 line at bottom, this 4th pic is 200X262:
View attachment 120388

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in where the software puts my text, above or below the newest pic. If anyone has advise, please advise. At least I'm getting the pics in between my text, and also once I post this, I will be able to compare the different pixel sizes, to see what I should use. OK, last pic is only 100X75:
View attachment 120389

That last one came out just how I wanted it, with all text above the pic, the only thing I did differently was at the end of the text I hit the enter key twice to move the blinking line down 2 lines. I'm now going to click the "create thread" tab and see what the pics look like, All comments and suggestions welcome PLEASE! Thanks, JR49

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 2.08.44 PM.png

I selected 5 random pics that had pixels in the thousands, and resized each one in the windows Paint app, sized as noted in the text. I'm also trying to see If I know how to put text in between the pics. -SNIP-

Do yourself a favor and get Irfanview. Life is too short to mess around with MSPaint.
When Resizing make sure to set it to 'Preserve Aspect Ratio'...

Do yourself a favor and get Irfanview[/QUOTE

Well, if Infanview is anything like Gimp, no thanks. I downloaded Gimp a few weeks ago, as per recommendations here, and I still haven't even figured out how to open a pic in it. But thanks for the response, middle. JR49 PS, thanks, I do click 'Preserve Aspect Ratio'

OK, now a slight change of subject. Why, in my reply above, did my text go in the box with middle.road's quote ? I've done this many times before, and my text normally shows below the quote. Thanks again, JR49

It will put the picture where your cursor is located. Make sure the cursor is where you want the picture before you do the upload.

Why, in my reply above, did my text go in the box with middle.road's quote ? I've done this many times before, and my text normally shows below the quote. Thanks again, JR49
Is it possible that somehow your cursor found itself inside the brackets [ ] above?

Back