Tig issues. Maybe 25/75?

You should check the collet that holds the tungsten in the torch head. If it is distorted from over tightening and high heat it can cause turbulance in the shield gas which then pulls in raw air. I have had it happen to me, took quite a while to track it down.

It was the gas!!!! New tank and she’s running clean again!

Well that is til I dip my tungsten LOL

Thanks for all the replies guys. Luckily that’s all it was

8937f230f726a843ad9390f0fc6ac87e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just swap the bottle out of suspicion, or did you do the bubble/PH test?

I would like to do the bubble test, still have that bottle. Need a jug of distilled water

What I did was took my welder to work (power station) where they have a bunch of argon. Hooked to a new bottle and tried it out.

I’ve found it very difficult to get a bottle as a home shop where I’m located. Airgas wants me to open an account and I submitted info.. never heard back. Other local small weld shops don’t have any small bottles in stock to exchange/no ability to fill.

Back by my dads there’s a shop that has it, but they are 2.5 hours away. Next time I visit I’ll exchange there if I don’t figure something out here forst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will probably need to have an account to get a bottle anywhere in this day. I have a Purity Cylinder Gas near me that is MUCH better to deal with than airgas.
Joe

Back