Threads and gear conversion chart

tailoredpencompany

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone. I own the 1236t which uses the same gears as the 1340gt. I’m trying to cut sae 50 threads per inch for a project. It needs to be 50 but my machine only does 48 and 52 according to the manual. I was told by precision Matthew’s that there might be a conversion chart using our different gears to get different threads per inch outcomes that precision Matthew’s doesn’t list in their manual. Does anyone know where I might find that chart?

I am not aware of any change gear combination that gives 50 TPI. There were some optional change gears that are used for some of the less common metric threads. The TPI combinations are in the attached document, there are also some calculating spreadsheets that I recall were previously posted.

Attachments

• PM 1340GT Gear Thread Chart with 40, 35, 32 30 change gears.pdf
    260.8 KB · Views: 73
I am not aware of any change gear combination that gives 50 TPI. There were some optional change gears that are used for some of the less common metric threads. The TPI combinations are in the attached document, there are also some calculating spreadsheets that I recall were previously posted.
Why on earth would this vintage pen company have used 50 tpi. Crazy company I say. I was really hoping for a solution to this to save this vintage pen. Thank you for the document. Any idea where I can find those spreadsheets?

It looks to me that the lower 40 tooth gear would probably need to change to something other than 40, maybe 50. You might have to make it.
I don't know what the pressure angle and pitch is for those, but someone here probably does

Is this a QC machine or strictly loose change? If QC, set QC for 40 TPI and replace the lower (screw) gear with a 50 T

Is this a QC machine or strictly loose change? If QC, set QC for 40 TPI and replace the lower (screw) gear with a 50 T
A QC machine? I’m fairly new to this so I’m not up on the abbreviations. Quality control? I’ve got 4 replaceable gears. Two 40t, one 32t and one 30t

My error, I have the calculation sheet for imperial and there is a gear combination for 50 TPI.
Levers D 4
40 -> 120
120 -> 32

Attachments

• PM 1340GT Gear Thread Chart with 40, 35, 32 30 change gears Imperial.pdf
    41.1 KB · Views: 71
You do not need two 120 gears, it just means you use the same 120 gear to connect the 40 to 32. Or for that matter the same 127 gear.

Back