Threading question

It sounds like a broken record to me so thanks. during my apprenticeship part of our homework was to go home and answer about 20 questions out of the machinery handbook. 19 edition sometimes the answer was easy to find sometimes not out of 22 apprentices no one had the answer. but the teacher showed us our error. you can purchase an older edition on ebay for as low as 10 bucks. things do change metrics cnc info older is sometimes better I have a 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 30 editions I use my old apprentice one the most I'm used to it the most. bill

It sounds like a broken record to me so thanks. during my apprenticeship part of our homework was to go home and answer about 20 questions out of the machinery handbook. 19 edition sometimes the answer was easy to find sometimes not out of 22 apprentices no one had the answer. but the teacher showed us our error. you can purchase an older edition on ebay for as low as 10 bucks. things do change metrics cnc info older is sometimes better I have a 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 30 editions I use my old apprentice one the most I'm used to it the most. bill

I have a pristine 25th large print edition that I love ($59.00 on e-bay and never used) and a couple of CD versions. While I have had no training in machine shop I found out quickly how valuable the Machinery handbook is. Being a mechanic and weldor most of my working life I got used to using the hand out charts or index charts and they did just fine for my purposes. Machining is a different discipline entirely and even hobby machining requires an excellent reference library. I now have genuine deep respect for the pro machinists. I had no idea how much they had to know and how complex the profession is before I started playing. That is why it is so important to have the young gals and guys learn from them. The fool learns from his mistakes, the wise man from others.

Roy

Reactions: bfd
Back