Threading 4140 troubles

If you remove your tool post from the compound what does it look like? Can you take a close up picture where the bolt attaches? I want to see the region around where the bolt attaches. Does the bolt attach to a tee nut or the compound? Either way, a close up photo would help. Is the region near the threads flat with the compound or pulled up a little? The tiniest of burs or uplifting can give a lot of grief, especially under heavy load. Sorry if I have asked this before. If I have, my apologies
I’m not there anymore, but it is a long spindle and threads into a disc that is seated in the compound. It’s strange because there is a spring loaded wedge that matched up with the tool post that came with the lathe, but the qctp doesnt have a hole that matches up with that detent wedge unless I want my tool post to face the wrong direction. Then it has a nut on the top that I crank down on otherwise the tool post can move. I threw a dial indicator on the saddle and put it up against the tool post while threading today to see if the tool post was flexing independently of the saddle and it wasn’t, so I will check to see if the saddle is moving, because it does from the issue I mentioned about the teeth that allow the saddle to be manually advanced.

This is the only pic I have right now.

Attachments

• 713D23A6-6861-4B5B-9677-7849B4A0FFC7.jpeg
    713D23A6-6861-4B5B-9677-7849B4A0FFC7.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 12
Back