Thoughts on this Emco lathe?

There was an Emco Super 11 recently on the SF Bay Area CL asking $8900, it was gone after about a week. No idea what it actually sold for but clearly that asking price was at least within negotiation room unless the seller withdrew the ad for other reasons.
I've seen a couple of Compact 5s, usually asking around $1500 and they don't tend to last long at that price, so $2200 for a 10" is probably a decent price if it doesn't have issues.

I also noticed looking at photos at Lathes UK, some seem to have a second lever on the carriage and some don't. Maybe this is the power cross feed? Not at all familiar with the specifics of Emco lathes. It does looks like this one has that lever.

Last edited:
On Emco lathes with power cross feed, they use the same lever that is used for longitudinal feed. The handle of the lever rotates to choose which axis is driven.

On Emco lathes with power cross feed, they use the same lever that is used for longitudinal feed. The handle of the lever rotates to choose which axis is driven.

Whoops, I didn't look closely. Although there are separate links lathes UK has grouped the Maximat 7-10 onto the same page, so I was looking at different size machines, not different versions of the V10.

Back