This is where Mac lives (WARNING, open floor space)

Very nice shop there Mac. I'm envious of all your open space. I also love that late model 10EE you have there hiding along the wall. I have a '52 10EE. What year is yours? Cheers, Bill

I did warn you all about the open floor space but to quite honest, I haven't seen any floor in my shop for almost 2 years. I finally got fed up and finished several projects that had been sitting all over the place for years.

I do need to have a little bit of floor space to be able to bring the project of the week, or month, or year in to work on it. Some of the things I do are larger size fabrications and they often get out of control and occupy all available space for longer that I would like.

I have been talking and dreaming of moving out of NJ for years but I think I finally am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I am about a year or two at the most from making my exodus south. If I don't move soon, I'll be too old to do it at all. I built all the benches as modular units that pin together. All of the units are 7',6" wide so that they can fir into an 8' container and they all have fork pockets in the base so that I can move them with a pallet jack and then load them on a truck with a fork lift. All of the tool boxes and Vidmars are bolted into the benches as one unit, that way when I get to my new location, everything will be the same as it is here. I have been planning to move ever since I built this shop.

Bill, the Monarch is a 1964 modular drive and I refer to her as the "uppidy girl". When I first brought her home a few years ago she was a little bit temper mental but we have all of her bugs worked out and she has been on her best behavior and trouble free for the last 3 years and truly a joy to run.

what an awesome shop! Sounds like you have the logistics of the move sorted out and if you have the time to plan it, it shouldn't be too terrible. That said, I've just packed up my "shop" which doesn't even have a 1/20 of that stuff and it took a lot of effort. It should be easier to repeat in a years time when I have to do it all over again..

Whereabouts down south are you planning to move? Not Florida, right?

Somewhere in the Carolina's most likely.

NOT FLORIDA

See if you can try the area before you move. I've seen a lot of people come back after thier move south.

Extreme south jersey is a pretty unique/ laid back place to live.

My wife and I talk about leaving NJ when I retire, but I doubt the move will happen. I'd probably snow bird for a while before making up my mind.

Chris

phew, that's a relief!

There are some absolutely stunning places to live in the Carolinas - I love trees and hills so anywhere along the western edge of those states, in the Smokies and Shenandoahs would be top of my list. No idea what its like to live there though.

I've been a mariner all my life so I will be looking to move to the coastal flatlands. Somehow I don't think I could be comfortable living in a place where I have to drive more than 10 minutes to get a view of the "Big Pond".

Is this all trick photography that you are showing us? When I “first” completed my main work bench, I called the wife to look at it and said “take a good look, because it ain’t gonna be this clean ever again!”. It’s 24’ long and 10 years later, I’ve got maybe 6 square inches of clear space on it! Did you clean the floors with Photo Shop Editor? Dang Nice!

I've been a mariner all my life so I will be looking to move to the coastal flatlands. Somehow I don't think I could be comfortable living in a place where I have to drive more than 10 minutes to get a view of the "Big Pond".

that's fair enough, my wife's the same. Plenty of beautiful coast around there, that's for sure and a great intermediate climate (still has seasons but without the crappy winter).

Back