This is where Mac lives (WARNING, open floor space)

rmack898

Active User
Registered
OK, so I'm a relatively new guy around here but I thought I'd show you all were I spend all of my free time. I must warn you all though, some images might be inappropriate for all to view as there is open floor space.

My shop is a 40X40x12 pole barn. I poured the concrete floor and finished off the inside. I have 200 amp service that I pulled off the house as a sub panel. I heat it in the winter with a radiant tube heater hung from the ceiling.

With the exception of the HF drill press that I bought new in 1987 and the HF carbide tool grinder, all of the machines were bought used and were freshened up by me before going back into service. All of the welding machines with the exception of the Trailblazer were bought new. I'd like to think that once I have all of my machines up and running that there is not many things that I could not build in this shop. I still have to go through the B&S #2 horizontal mill and the SB shaper, I just need to find the time to do it.

It has taken me many years to get this shop equipped the way it is and I have traveled many miles picking up machines all over the east coast. I figure I have about 2 more years here at the most before I pick up and make my final move south. I want to build one more shop at my final retirement location and add all the things I forgot to add when I built this shop.

I am usually quite the slob and this is about the cleanest my shop has ever been, I am going to try and keep it this way but I have serious doubts as to how long that might last.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG

Very nice shop! Well equipped and lots of room to boot! Now you just need to fill up the empty space with some projects!

Very Nice! And a lot of nice equipment too. Yeah, I could live there.

Great looking shop Mac! You have a great collection of nice machinery. I would agree that you could build about anything in that shop. I would hate to think of moving it and starting over. Yikes!

Excellent work space. I'm envious of the open floor space. Wish I had some!

Marcel

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OK, so I'm a relatively new guy around here but I thought I'd show you all were I spend all of my free time. I must warn you all though, some images might be inappropriate for all to view as there is open floor space.

My shop is a 40X40x12 pole barn. I poured the concrete floor and finished off the inside. I have 200 amp service that I pulled off the house as a sub panel. I heat it in the winter with a radiant tube heater hung from the ceiling.

With the exception of the HF drill press that I bought new in 1987 and the HF carbide tool grinder, all of the machines were bought used and were freshened up by me before going back into service. All of the welding machines with the exception of the Trailblazer were bought new. I'd like to think that once I have all of my machines up and running that there is not many things that I could not build in this shop. I still have to go through the B&S #2 horizontal mill and the SB shaper, I just need to find the time to do it.

It has taken me many years to get this shop equipped the way it is and I have traveled many miles picking up machines all over the east coast. I figure I have about 2 more years here at the most before I pick up and make my final move south. I want to build one more shop at my final retirement location and add all the things I forgot to add when I built this shop.

I am usually quite the slob and this is about the cleanest my shop has ever been, I am going to try and keep it this way but I have serious doubts as to how long that might last.

You know we used to have a little propriety around here. Displaying that much bare floor and various other horizontal surfaces is positively obscene! If it were't for the few strategically placed boxes and bottles I would have to report you to the "Shop Propriety Police"!! Nice setup!

Bravo! Not only a very nice collection of fun, but it sounds like you have ambitious plans. I do not envy you on the move.

Back