Thinking about Buying a Bridgeport Mill

Yes, I think the kit is fir the short screw (manual , no original power feed). Is that one you wat to part with?

Last edited:
No, the Align is my old one that had momentary switches go bad. I was just showing you for reference as to what the kits looked like. Rather than repair the Align, I put a Vevor drive, ($115 on Ebay),on and am keeping the Align to repair at a later date. Sorry for the confusion.

Now I can make those things for my lathe that everybody said "you can make one of those on your mill". But I also have to learn how.

If you do not want to shorten your X axis lead screw, you could weld a tubular, (round or rectangular), spacer between a plate that bolts up to your table end and a reasonable facsimile of your table end to mount up a Vevor or similar drive until you acquire more skill. Tolerances are not that tight, basically carpenter work.

The quill power feed is somehow messed up. Ran sporadically then did not. the brass bar in the center of the quill, which the quill handle moves, would not go over to the center. There was a detent in the center bottom of it and another detent in the square casting it goes over on the quill. I got them freed up and pushed the detent up on the center bar and slid it over to center on the bottom square casting. Now that detent is trapped in the cast detent hole, wont return. Something tells me this is bad. I could push the bottom detent up and down from the bottom of the head before. Wont move now. Not sure what is supposed to do or what releases it. I assume a missing part.

1714313945608.jpeg

Thanks. That looks like it might work. Mine attaches with a roll pin. Been trying to get it apart but daily interruptions.

Back