Things Are Finally Settled Down A Bit

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
After the trips (job related) to Ecuador, Portland,OR, Richmond, VA and Flowery Branch, GA (of all places, never heard of that place before as I can remember:idea:) I have a bit of a respite. I was able, after a month or so, to get back to a project that needed finishing, well two projects. I finished milling a 'Shield' for the reverse gear I had added to the lathe sometime back and I was able to 'finally' thread and part off the Collet Block nut I had started and which was languishing in the lathe chuck all this time. It was good to get back to it. I have other projects that were pending until those two were done.

I have to 'finesse' my reverse gear adaption to make it more...reliable may be the word.:chemist: I need to machine a brass nut and bridge for a CBG I'm making for the gran' and then fabricate another for the No.1 Daughter. I will be machining/milling a new 60 tooth gear for the lathe as sometime in the past, before it was "MY" lathe, some one partially stripped that gear. It still works but I have visions in my head of the teeth stripping out the on the other side of the gear and leaving me with no 60 T and possibly causing other damage I do not want to deal with:finger wag:. Not a total disaster but something I want to head off as soon as.

So, right now, I'm back on track and chomping at the bit so to speak:cowboy:. Unfortunately the wife has some friends coming down for a week so I think much of my free time could be taken up entertaining guests in the near future. Ce La Vie as the French say :bonjour:. It is What it is.

Back