There is a Possibility That I may get my old lathe back

IamNotImportant

Registered
Registered
I had a PM 1022 lathe, the dad that bought it for his son might sell it back to me, not sure yet. His son has burnt up the board in it, they have not fixed it. I am wondering if this would be a good candidate for a ELS setup on this lathe, or am i asking for trouble?

I had a PM 1022 lathe, the dad that bought it for his son might sell it back to me, not sure yet. His son has burnt up the board in it, they have not fixed it. I am wondering if this would be a good candidate for a ELS setup on this lathe, or am i asking for trouble?
absolutely go for ELS on this machine....
go big or go home too, get the cross slide servo motor version too so you can do tapers and radii too

Cool thanks, I do have a Emco Maximat Super 11, been thinking about doing this to it too, how well will this jive with the VFD or should i worry about that?
electronic lead screws all use a rotary encoder to sense the spindle speed. They could care less what is turning the spindle.

Of course, a VFD provides many benefits you'd want if you can get them. I have one on my 12x37 lathe.

I have tried many times to get a maximat lathe to no avail. I tried just a few weeks ago to by a maximat standard 9x20 but the person just does not answer replies to their ad. It would have been a great els conversion that would fit in my home shop.

Last edited:
electronic lead screws all use a rotary encoder to sense the spindle speed. They could care less what is turning the spindle.

Of course, a VFD provides many benefits you'd want if you can get them. I have one on my 12x37 lathe.

I have tried many times to get a maximat lathe to no avail. I tried just a few weeks ago to by a maximat standard 9x20 but the person just does not answer replies to their ad. It would have been a great els conversion that would fit in my home shop.
may end up selling it, if i decide i want to do barrels, would need a bigger lathe in my opinion if i do

Back