The Voron kit build thread

So, after ordering a Fysetc stealth Burner gear/hardware kit, waiting for it to arrive then building the CW2, this morning I was out in the shop looking for a screw and found another Fysetc kit. I don't remember buying it, but it was laying in the same drawer as all my leftover Voron kit parts from last year. :rolleyes:

So, I went ahead and printed the parts to assemble that kit too. Now I have a spare:

IMG_20231122_145548478.jpg

I ordered another 2pc PCB from Amazon. At 13$ each, it's barely more than a cup of coffee these days.

Always good to have a spare. :)

So, after ordering a Fysetc stealth Burner gear/hardware kit, waiting for it to arrive then building the CW2, this morning I was out in the shop looking for a screw and found another Fysetc kit. I don't remember buying it, but it was laying in the same drawer as all my leftover Voron kit parts from last year. :rolleyes:

So, I went ahead and printed the parts to assemble that kit too. Now I have a spare:

View attachment 467840

I ordered another 2pc PCB from Amazon. At 13$ each, it's barely more than a cup of coffee these days.

I've been working on modding a BearMera CAD Printhead design to take the Hemera XS Revo which is slightly smaller. Today I solved a few more issues and it may be close to fitting now:

1700715370470.png

I did similar, but a slightly different route. I set my Raspberry Pi to a static IP.
Nice save Ken. Keeping backups is so important, and easy to do with Klipper. I do it when making changes to the config files, downloading a zip of the configs is convenient.

I also set the router to issue fixed IP addresses so the printers don't float around when they reboot.
I too was having issues when I started up my printer and I wanted to connect to it via WIFI and my web browser through Mainsail. My bookmarked tab had a specific IP of course, but the router would assign a different IP at startup. I fixed it by going into the router and assigning a fixed IP. Works great!

Have either one of you used Github to back up your files? If you have a personal Github page it is my understanding that you can back up your files to that. I would like to do that but haven't fully looked into it.

I too was having issues when I started up my printer and I wanted to connect to it via WIFI and my web browser through Mainsail. My bookmarked tab had a specific IP of course, but the router would assign a different IP at startup. I fixed it by going into the router and assigning a fixed IP. Works great!

Have either one of you used Github to back up your files? If you have a personal Github page it is my understanding that you can back up your files to that. I would like to do that but haven't fully looked into it.

I signed up for a GitHub acct awhile back, but haven't used to to back up files. I think I'll do that.

Github is Microsoft and they're mining it for their purposes so I probably won't give it anything.

Either of you used input shaping yet? I ordered a adxl345 accelerometer for 6$ on Amazon.

It seems pretty strait forward to connect and use.

I tried to set up the software today only to find out that my klipper install is pre-configured. All I had to do on the software side was add the pin definition to my printer.cfg file.

Either of you used input shaping yet? I ordered a adxl345 accelerometer for 6$ on Amazon.

It seems pretty strait forward to connect and use.

I tried to set up the software today only to find out that my klipper install is pre-configured. All I had to do on the software side was add the pin definition to my printer.cfg file.
I am not using input shaping. I should, especially for $6. sheesh.
I also did not know that Klipper is pre-configured. I will check it out.

I am not using input shaping. I should, especially for $6. sheesh.
I also did not know that Klipper is pre-configured. I will check it out.

It's probably not preconfigured in every circumstance. I installed klipper using the pre-configured mainsailOS image that the Raspberry Pi imager has available.

If you want to finnd out, the install instructions are here: I realized it was already installed when the command in step 3 indicated such

The software side of the install is just 3 commands. Assuming your going to connect the adxl345 to the octopus board, (which I intend to do).

sudo apt update

sudo apt install python3-numpy python3-matplotlib libatlas-base-dev

Next, in order to install NumPy in the Klipper environment, run the command:

~/klippy-env/bin/pip install -v numpy

I ordered this ADXL345 accelerometer:

I intend to use it temporarily, to get my input shaping parameters. Once I have the parameters generated and saved, i'll disconnect it and toss it in the same drawer that I found the extra stealthburner kit in.

Here is the diagram I intend to use to wire it to my octopus board:

and here is the section I added to my printer.cfg file:
1700798115436.png

The line: Axes_map: -z,_y,-x is optional. It's completely unnecessary if you only intend to do input shaping. It's only needed if you want to download graphs and have the axes read correctly in your graphs. It just reassigns the accelerometers default axes to match the orientation of your mount. If you delete that line, klipper assumes that the accelerometers X,Y and Z are matched to your printers X,Y and Z.

My understanding is that when doing the input shaping calibration, klipper only moves one axis at a time and reads all 3 sumulteneously from the accelerometer. So, for shaping purposes, the axes mapping is completely irrelevant. It only needs to be mapped if you want to create graphs and have the axes be correct in the graphs.

Back