WTB The UnObtainium... Clausing 8525 (8520) Column Riser Block

opsoff1

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I know I know - rarer than an honest politician..
Currently I have an 8525 that I would really like to add a riser to - if anyone has one <gasp> that is for sale or knows of one - I'm all in.
The thread from a while back on building one has been seen - so that remains a possibility - rather buy an OEM one outright if possible.

TIA

Last edited:
Clausing is still in business and may have the part. I needed a gear for my 1970's era lathe and they had it in stock. A word of warning, be seated with empty bowels before getting the price!

Thanks for the tips - both the source and the medical prevention part. LOL - I'll shoot them an inquiry...

Verdict is in...
From Clausing: " We would not have this part available. You could either make one or maybe find one on a machinery forum or ebay."

See post 1.

Verdict is in...
From Clausing: " We would not have this part available. You could either make one or maybe find one on a machinery forum or ebay."

See post 1.

Do they have the prints for it? If they do, they will send them to you. Then you can make or have it made per their drawings.

Cutting oil is my blood.

They didn't offer the print - I can go back and ask.

They didn't have the print.
I'm curious - there seems to be a fair number of people that have expressed interest in buying/building one of these risers - would a group buy be worth having someone cast a semi finished part that each individual could do the final machining on?

Back