The pain....The PAIN!!

caddy

Registered
Registered
No particular point to this but those who have been down this road will understand..............
Went to a Garage sale recently and the woman was selling a NICE pristine Rockwell variable speed, slotted table, MT2 spindle Drill press...............How much I asked.......$40 she replied. (yes, broken arm from whipping out wallet) whew, paid in full.........BUT, Hubbys not here, better check and see....:(.............. Nope, already sold.....the pain, the PAIN...............$40? really?

I feel the pain indeed. I have had similar things happen to me. No fun at all. It's like meeting a really nice intelligent attractive young sweet woman who likes machining only to find out she's already married. Right?

Here's a painful story of cruelty for you guys: I stopped at a garage sale because there was a 1960s Honda motorcycle in the middle of the driveway near the stuff. I asked the lady of the house how much it was. She told me it wasn't for sale. It was parked out there to attract customers.

Of course, felt like I could:vomit:when she pulled that stunt.

Here's a painful story of cruelty for you guys: I stopped at a garage sale because there was a 1960s Honda motorcycle in the middle of the driveway near the stuff. I asked the lady of the house how much it was. She told me it wasn't for sale. It was parked out there to attract customers.

Of course, felt like I could:vomit:when she pulled that stunt.

That's just WRONG!

Yes, the ever elusive "babe" who likes machining.................the stuff dreams are made of. Kind of like "Bigfoot",I've heard they exist but never have seen one!

I stopped at a garage sale about 2 years ago. There sat an almost new Stihl 028 AV chainsaw with a price of $60.00. I carried it out to the table to pay for it and was told it was already sold.
I whimpered all the way home.

Years ago I had an 028 stihl and it was a great saw. When I bought my farm I bought a 368 husky, simply because the 372(or 371 dont remember) was not in stock. Its a fantastic saw. Last time i had it serviced, the guy said he hadnt seen one in a while. He said it was one of the best saws husky ever made.

Oh, I understand the pain. But from the other side of the fence.

When I left home for military service, my mother sold my car for $25. AND my American Flyer train set (multiple engines, cars, miles of tracks, plus numerous accessories) for $10. (In 1985 a collector estimated its value at $15,000)

It still hurts.

I guess that the learning experience here is to buy 'man cave' toys from the ladies...

$40. Someone made out. Sorry it wasn't you. I feel bad because I missed out on a large rockwell variable speed floor model advertised on Craigslist yesterday for $250. If it were only $40 I would be sick.

chris

$40. Someone made out. Sorry it wasn't you. I feel bad because I missed out on a large rockwell variable speed floor model advertised on Craigslist yesterday for $250. If it were only $40 I would be sick.

chris
If I had been able to get it for 250 I would have been doing cartwheels!

Back