The Estate Sale Has Addition(pm9x49vt)

That reminds me of when my 935 arrived... it had the head turned down. You can move the ram on the base to level it while hanging (do this when the machine is on the ground) if you want... I did and it made me feel a bit better about it hanging... :)

Remember that guy is HEAVY... Thankfully it is less of a balance issue to pick up, than a lathe.

Good pics, please keep them coming!
The head is rotated now. Very difficult to manage, but I had assumed weight management would correct. tnx for verification.
Found elastomeric bearings at MSC. The ones I had deformed 50%. Yikes. They're gone.
ready to balance and insert bearings & level. frame worked great. it will dissemble.
Mike

Very nice mill. Have fun with that thing. :)

Very nice mill, I want one & have been drooling over it!

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your comments, all. I bought a mill-drill years ago, a JET. I did a lot of useful work with it and all the tools were retained. The chatter was challenging. Just as my prologue suggested, JET lathe replacement parts did not fit and were unfinished.

At my age there is little time to fight unfinished tooling, thus the mill. Also you are forced by big brother to begin spending long accumulated cash. Gave me the idea, so I took my third withdrawal and converted unused assets to cash, including the mill-drill. Matt got the check.

I am now working on the lathe parts. There is an abnormality with the DRO. I will address that later. This forum has helped me a lot.
My thanks,

Mike

Back