The Car Business Is Changing

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I've mostly worked for a Ford dealership off and on since 1975.
In that time we have seen a technical revolution.
We have seen Detroit's worst and finest.
Our frontline is empty, it runs along Highway 99 in Northern California. We usually carry well over 100 units, new and used. Mostly trucks and SUV's
We have (1) new Ford pickup for sale. We have less than 20 new and used combined.
Sales are robust! We just don't have the inventory.
Times are-a changing.
Without sales, we don't have used inventory coming through. The auctions are few and far between, it's just time to retire.
Thank God I'm close.

We usually have them lined up perpendicular to the Hwy.
I count 12 units on 99. These are all used except for one new F150 on the end.

Attachments

• cars on lot.jpg
    cars on lot.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 23
New and used lots are getting bare and the prices for used has rocketed into the stupid levels. Anything that has wheels is listed, even with 1000s needed to make road worthy. Another thing I have noticed is any vehicle older than 1988 is priced even stupider!
Pierre

New and used lots are getting bare and the prices for used has rocketed into the stupid levels. Anything that has wheels is listed, even with 1000s needed to make road worthy. Another thing I have noticed is any vehicle older than 1988 is priced even stupider!
Pierre
My son told me his buddy bought a Toyota pick-up in 2018. he said it's worth more today than what he paid for it.
I believe it.
The supply and demand issues in this country are nuts.
Lumber,
Cars,
Gas is next,
Food
I heard the largest meat packing company in the world just got a ransom ware hit and had to stop production?? This is the US and Australia.
meat may go even higher. Costco usually has Tri-tip for less than $5 a lb. It's over $12 right now.

Sanderson Ford?
That's hard to believe.
If it's the GM dealer, I don't know their situation. Who the heck would want a Chevy though??
All dealers of all brands have full lots for both new and used around here.

As for who would want a Chevy, everyone that knows better than to get a Ford........:grin:

Attachments

• Muddy Truck.jpg
    Muddy Truck.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
I've mostly worked for a Ford dealership off and on since 1975.
In that time we have seen a technical revolution.
We have seen Detroit's worst and finest.
Our frontline is empty, it runs along Highway 99 in Northern California. We usually carry well over 100 units, new and used. Mostly trucks and SUV's
We have (1) new Ford pickup for sale. We have less than 20 new and used combined.
Sales are robust! We just don't have the inventory.
Times are-a changing.
Without sales, we don't have used inventory coming through. The auctions are few and far between, it's just time to retire.
Thank God I'm close.

My understanding is that the IC shortage out of Asia is the cause of production delays in car plants. Does that ring true with what you are hearing in the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanderson Ford?
That's hard to believe.
If it's the GM dealer, I don't know their situation. Who the heck would want a Chevy though??
Zumwalt Ford in St. Helena; the Chevy dealer went out of business, THIS IS A FORD TOWN! That said, too many Beemers and Mercedes. We are pretty happy with our Ford Fusion, but if the electronic stuff was easier to remember how to operate, we'd like it better.

My son told me his buddy bought a Toyota pick-up in 2018. he said it's worth more today than what he paid for it.
I believe it.
The supply and demand issues in this country are nuts.
Lumber,
Cars,
Gas is next,
Food
I heard the largest meat packing company in the world just got a ransom ware hit and had to stop production?? This is the US and Australia.
meat may go even higher. Costco usually has Tri-tip for less than $5 a lb. It's over $12 right now.
Haven't been to Costco since the virus reared it's ugly head; will likely make the trip before too long.

Back