That Lazy Machinist?

Larry$

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
The YouTube video site That Lazy Machinist by Marc L'Ecuyer is excellent but appears to have ended. In his last video he had explained that he was undergoing cancer treatment but intended to produce more videos. Does anyone know any thing about what has happened to him? Where to send thanks for all he has done for the hobbyist machinists?

Oh no. I did not know he had cancer. It has been a while since I watched his videos, but when I bought my surface grinder, his was one of the first I watched. I see that there are several comments on his last video.

If you find out anything, please follow up here. Thanks.

I've always enjoyed watching his stuff and his weird sense of humor always gave me a chuckle. I had a feeling about him when I saw one of his episodes explaining his cancer diagnosis. I lost my wife to cancer, Now my Mom has been told she has 1 to 2 months to live. My neighbors wife just passed from cancer.

Something not right, Cancer has skyrocketed in the last few years.

I've always enjoyed watching his stuff and his weird sense of humor always gave me a chuckle. I had a feeling about him when I saw one of his episodes explaining his cancer diagnosis. I lost my wife to cancer, Now my Mom has been told she has 1 to 2 months to live. My neighbors wife just passed from cancer.

Something not right, Cancer has skyrocketed in the last few years.
My wife was diagnosed with lung cancer around thanksgiving at 56.

She was a big proponent of the thing, me, not so much.

Just checked out his channel, don't know how I missed him before this.

He gives some good advise that some might not consider regarding a lathe chuck coming loose. "Convienently" or so Im told.... I had a coworker who could not figure out the simplicity of the Hardinge taper lock spindle nose.

He would reliably pull the chuck towards himself when affixing it, the opposite of what you should do.

This led to me unknowingly firing up the lathe and running it up somewhere north of 3000rpm with a buffing wheel in the chuck. This promptly disengaged the spindle taper and dropped the wildly spinning chuck and buffing wheel (My good one too) nearly into my front pocket.

Luckily it danced around the chip tray before catching and going into motion sparking its way around the shop.

*****ed up the chuck and the newly epoxied floor, boss was NOT happy.

I've always enjoyed watching his stuff and his weird sense of humor always gave me a chuckle.
What, the little electronic display often in the background with "sayings." It changed during the videos.
He was an excellent teacher.
For excellent videos on our subject, highly recommended.

His videos are excellent; IIRC, English is his second language.

Back