Testing Recovery

Hi Nelson , seems we lost some of the threads attached pics

What was lost will be forgotten in a few days. Just glad to see things back up and running.

The splash page says we were not hacked but at 4:30 am this morning I logged on and got a page that was not ours claiming responceabilty and stateing it was due to our lack of security.
**********Whats up with that ?**********G**********

The splash page says we were not hacked but at 4:30 am this morning I logged on and got a page that was not ours claiming responceabilty and stateing it was due to our lack of security.
**********Whats up with that ?**********G**********

Yea, I saw the same thing around 3:00am myself. creepy

Kids with a Bot program that uses a Trojan to take control of different sites. The "you got hacked by" is a badge to prove to the rest of their bunch that they actually did it. Unfortunately it does damage threads and cause lost data as well as disrupts a normally quiet and peacefull group. Nelson is working diligently to restore all of our files and would appreciate any help he could get from the really computer savvy members among is. If you would like to help with this issue PM me or Nelson and let him know what you can do to help resolve the repeated attacks and the disruption they cause.
Thanks in advance to anyone who volunteers to help Nelson with this monumental task.

Bob

Don't know if this helps , but 9-12 and 9-13 my Trend Micro dug out two Trogens and disposed of them. After the initial hack I ran a complete system scan just to be sure. All was clean.

This wasn't kids. It was an extremely sophisticated hacker network operating throughout the net. Once they do their thing, finding what they did is like finding a needle in a haystack. You try this, and that, hoping to get it all.

Today, our web host messed up big time, and that was why we were down so long. I asked for a restore from yesterday. Waited 7 hours. Then they tell me they can't restore from 9/16 due to the hacks and the best they can do is 9/13. (After 7 hours of waiting).

I took the 9/13. Had them upload a backed up 9/16 database to our SQL server and we were good to 9/16 on data. Some attachments are lost from 9-13-13 to today, because attachments were in files the hackers deleted and the web host cannot get closer than 9-13. Database info including personal data is fine.

From now on, attachments will be separately backed up each day. If I can get a later backup, I will.

Back